Moving to Sydney
An Introduction to Sydney
If you are thinking of moving to Sydney, you will join a vibrant multicultural city with almost half of the population having been born overseas. Pairing an enviable arts scene with fantastic beaches and world-famous sights, Sydney is the perfect moving destination for city-dwellers looking for a city with a difference.
What to Expect When Moving to Sydney?
Nicknamed the ‘Harbour City’ or even the ‘Emerald City’, those moving to Sydney will understand its status as one of Australia’s most iconic cities. With a melting pot of cultures, Sydney offers a taste of countless different nationalities with a world-class standard of life and outstanding natural views.
Cost of Living When Moving to Sydney
Sydney is famous for being Australia’s most expensive city to live in. Those moving to Sydney should factor high living costs into their budgets compared to cities such as Melbourne or Perth. Don’t let this put you off though. Living in Sydney is a special experience and the city is one of the most beautiful in the world with stunning greenery and waterfronts. It also boasts a large number of free activities to enjoy to cut down on entertainment costs.
Working in Sydney
Those working in Sydney will find a thriving job market with a wide variety of industries. As the country’s financial hub, there are a number of career opportunities within this area. Other popular fields include property, business services and retail. With a large number of people visiting Sydney each year, tourism is also a thriving industry in Sydney.
Best Places to Live in Sydney
These are some of the most popular places to live for those looking to move to Sydney.
- Manly Vale
- Lane Cove
- Surry Hills
Top Things to Do in Sydney
Check out our list of top things to do for those moving to Sydney.
- Take in a show at the famous Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy panoramic views from the top of Sydney Tower
- Discover Sydney’s many fascinating museums
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Experience the excitement of the lively Bondi Beach
- Sip on craft beers at Young Henrys Brewery
- Take an Indigenous walking tour of Dharawal National Park
- Take a dip in the one-of-a-kind Bondi Icebergs Pool
Palmers Relocations Services to Sydney
Our domestic removals services to Sydney include:
– Door-to-door removal services
– Dismantling and reassembling of furnishings
– Wrapping of all fabric items in brand new plastic coverings
– Use of full-time and trained Palmers personnel at both uplift and delivery
– Storage options for both short and long-term requirements
– Valet unpacking services, home cleaning services, car transportations, pet transportation & boarding services
Get your free quote today for a full local removal to Sydney.
When you book a removal with Palmers Relocations, we make sure that we go above and beyond to make your relocation as stress-free as possible.
Trust The Palmers difference