Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a query or want to find out more please contact us on 1300 363 916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Much Do International Removals Cost?
International moving service cost depends on multiple factors:
- Distance: This is one of the first factors that affects the moving cost. The further your moving destination is, the more expensive transportation will be.
- Size of your move: This also goes without saying, but the bigger the size of your move the more expensive it will be. Some international removal companies charge by volume, weight or both, therefore it is important to ask when requesting a quote.
- Moving date: Moving time of the year can affect moving cost significantly. Generally, the most expensive period of the move is period between November and February, Easter holidays, school holidays and weekends, while in Europe the most expensive season to move is during summer.
- Type of transport: Usually, air freight is the most expensive option while sea-freights tend to be the cheapest. With sea-freight Palmers Relocations offer sole use container options (if the volume of the move can fill the container) or shared container service if the volume is smaller than that.
- Additional costs: Depending on the moving company, additional costs aside from those listed above can also be part of your quote (i.e.: moving insurance, car shipping, pet relocation, art and/or wine shipping).
- Included Services: Sometimes, the estimated costs between removal companies can vary significantly. It is crucial to ask what services include their quote. For example, if packing materials and packing are included if customs and quarantine management included or will be extra, transit insurance and more.
If you are looking for a professional and accredited international removals service with years of experience, Palmers Relocations are the perfect match. Simply request a free quote or give us a call and we will take care of the rest. Our home relocation consultants provide obligation-free survey to estimate the volume of the move that will help us to provide more precise cost for your move.
Do you Provide Interstate or International Moves?
Palmers provide home or office removal services locally, interstate and internationally. With headquarters based in Sydney, Australia, Palmers work with members of the International Association of Movers (IAM) and FAIM Quality Certified partners to arrange international relocations.
Locally and Interstate, Palmers has been moving customers for over 43 years.
When is the best time to book a move?
It depends. If you are moving locally or interstate, 4 – 8 weeks is enough time to choose the date you want and lock it in, however, during peak season clients book their moves even 3 months before to ensure they get the date required. For international moves, the sooner, the better. As soon as you know when are you leaving the country (even approx.), reach out to Palmers and our home relocation consultants will work with your timeline and plan the move backwards to ensure the best time to the move, so it matches your arrangements the best way possible.
What additional services do you offer?
At Palmers Relocations, we provide wide range moving services that will make your move a breeze. Along side full door-to-door moving service, we offer:
– Storage Solutions for short-term or long-term needs;
– Vehicle Transportation;
– Pet Relocation;
– Home Exit Cleaning Services;
– Valet Unpacking Services;
– Handyman Services;
– International Money Transfers;
– Transit Insurance
Can you Move my pool table?
Yes. Our removals experts are experienced in moving delicate and large items and will ensure your pool table is protected during the move. Please advise that you will be moving a pool table when you are quoted as this will need special care taken.
Do you offer a Piano removals service?
Yes. We offer a professional piano removals service as part of our value-added extras service. We have a number of years experience so you can rest assured that we will move your piano with the utmost care and skill.
Do you offer Self-Storage?
Yes. We offer secure storage facilities and self-storage units, accessible 7 days a week and in a variety of storage sizes to fit your needs as well as container storage,
Who are the International Association of Movers (IAM)?
IAM has a worldwide membership of over 2,000 companies from more than 170 countries, representing a global association of movers and forwarders who are committed to providing the highest level of customer service . Click here to find out more.
What is AFRA?
AFRA stands for Australian Furniture Removers Association and is an official body of Australian removals experts that help regulate the removals industry. To become an AFRA member you must be accredited and only those furniture removalists that have the necessary equipment, vehicles, premises and staff training needed to complete a professional move are offered membership. We at Palmers are members of AFRA and come highly recommended by a long line of Australian and international customers who have used our moving services.
What is FIDI and FAIM Certification?
FIDI is a global alliance of international moving and relocation companies. Its goal is to unite quality-minded parties around the world, creating strong partnerships and raising industry standards.
The primary objective of FAIM is to provide a worldwide high-quality standard for international moving and relocation services. To date, the FAIM Quality Certification is the world’s only recognized quality certification for professional international moving and relocation companies.
- FAIM accredited companies are regularly audited by an independent third-party, currently EY, ensuring that all companies adhere to the same high standards. Demonstrating FAIM compliance is a mandatory requirement to become a FIDI Affiliate, and affiliated companies must comply with the FAIM Compliance Procedure at all times in order to maintain FAIM certification.
When you book a removal with Palmers Relocations, we make sure that we go above and beyond to make your relocation as stress-free as possible.
Trust The Palmers difference